Maintenance Schedule of your Honda Car
Did you know Honda is the largest car engine manufacturer in the world? That shows that Honda has excellent knowledge of the engines they manufacture & about maintaining it.
That’s why Honda recommends regular maintenance of their vehicles & as per their factory recommended maintenance schedule for best results. With regular maintenance, the Honda models give you trouble-free run on the road in the present & the future.
The Maintenance schedules are calculated either with the miles the car has covered or the months, whichever comes first. If you commute by road regularly then the maintenance schedule of your car will be based on the mileage system.
Honda Maintenance by Mileage or in Period
Maintenance of Honda Models is scheduled to take place as:
- 7,500 miles/12 months
- 15,000 miles/12 months
- 30,000 miles/after 2 years
- 60,000 miles/after 4 years
- 90,000 miles/after 6 years
- 120,000 miles/after 8 years
The maintenance service of Honda cars varies with their models. Let’s compare the different maintenance services offered by Honda for their models: Civic & Accord.
If you own a Honda Civic
- 7,500 miles/12 months – Oil Change.
- 15,000 miles/12 months – Change of engine oil filter. Scrutinize & repair front & rear brakes if required. Adjusting parking brakes. Check brake hoses, fluids, cooling system & other parts for any damages.
- 30,000 miles/after 2 years – Change engine oil filter & air cleaner element. Scrutinize & repair front & rear brakes if required. Adjusting parking brakes. Replacement of spark plugs. Scrutiny of valve clearance & adjusting drive belts.
- 45,000 miles/after 3 years - Change engine oil filter & air cleaner element. Scrutinize & repair front & rear brakes if required. Adjusting parking brakes. Replace brake fluid & the radiator coolant.
- 60,000 miles/after 4 years - Changing engine oil-filter & air cleaner element, if needed. Scrutinize & repair front & rear brakes if required. Adjusting parking brakes. Replacement of spark plugs. Inspect valve clearance & adjust drive belts.
If you own a Honda Accord
Honda recommends routine service appointments at every 5000 miles to owners of Accord cars. Services can also be scheduled at various miles intervals too:
- 7,500 miles/12 months – Change oil & filter, rotate tires check, brake inspection & top up fluids.
- 30,000 miles/after 2 years – Change spark plugs and air filter. Adjust drive belts.
- 45,000 miles/after 3 years – Change brake fluid & coolant.
- 90,000 miles/after 6 years – Replace transmission fluid.
An oil change is recommended with every service appointment for healthier engine life.
A recommended general check-list in keeping your Honda car engine trouble-free:
- Check engine oil & coolant levels each time you fill-up.
- Check brake fluid levels & transmissions once in a month.
- Check tire pressure regularly.
- Check whether all your lights are working properly at least once a month.
People residing in Greenville, Kinston, or Rocky Mount in Goldsboro town, North Carolina can check with the Honda dealer near you for servicing your Honda vehicle. You can also check with the Deacon Jones Honda, or log on to https://www.deaconjoneshonda.com for your Honda maintenance.
The brake service maintenance of your Honda vehicle will also be taken care of by Honda Brakes Service Goldsboro NC, a division of Deacon Jones Honda.