2019 Accord, CR-V, Odyssey, Pilot and Ridgeline have been awarded the coveted 2019 Top Safety Pick rating from the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS)
2019 Accord, CR-V, Odyssey, Pilot, and Ridgeline have been awarded the coveted 2019 Top Safety Pick rating from the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS)
The 2019 Insurance Institute of Highway Safety (IIHS) awards has recognized five Honda car models to be the top safety picks of the year. At Honda, safety remains paramount, because of which Honda has dedicated much of their expertise in building the most resilient and secure vehicles for their passenger’s safety. Here are the winners of the 2019 IIHS awards –
• Top Safety Pick – Midsize Car / 4-Door Sedan – 2019 Honda Accord The 2019 Honda Accord has been awarded the Top Safety Pick in the Midsize Car category. The 2029 Honda Accord features airbags for the driver and passengers on the front head, rear head, and front sides. The car is equipped with 4-wheel ABS, 4-wheel disc brakes, and daytime running light, along with the Honda Sensing safety technology.
• Top Safety Pick – Small SUV/ 4- Door SUV – 2019 Honda CR-V The Honda CR-V picked up the Top Safety Pick award in the Small SUV category. The 2019 Honda CR-V includes safety features like - Advanced Front Airbags, SmartVent Front Side Airbags, Side Curtain Airbags with Rollover Sensor, 3-Point Seat Belts at all Seating Positions, Front 3-Point Seat Belts with Automatic Tensioning System, LATCH, Seat Belt Reminder, Child-Proof Rear Door Locks and various other active safety technologies.
• Top Safety Pick – Midsize SUV/ 4- Door SUV – 2019 Honda Pilot The 2019 Honda Pilot was awarded the Top Safety Pick for the Midsize SUV category. The safety features for 2019 include an all-new Advanced Compatibility Engineering Body Structure, 3-point seat belt design, a multitude of airbags, as well as the all-encompassing Honda Sensing safety technology.
• Top Safety Pick – Minivan – 2019 Honda Odyssey The 2019 Honda Odyssey received the Top Safety Pick award for the Minivan category. The 2019 Honda Odyssey includes standard safety features like - Rear door child safety locks, daytime running lights, height-adjustable headrests, and an engine immobilizer, as well as several other driver-assistance technologies designed to prevent crashes in the first place.
• Top Safety Pick – Large Pickup/ Crew Cab Pickup – 2019 Honda Ridgeline The 2019 Honda Ridgeline has been awarded the Top Safety Pick for the Large Pickup/ Crew Cab pickup category. The safety features on the 2019 model include – airbags, side curtain airbags with rollover sensors, seatbelt reminders, rear door locks (child-proofed), LATCH system, as well as other driver-assistance technology.